Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Tornado's Anyone?

Well, I spent the greater part of my morning in my basement with my dog, 2 cats, my cell phone and the laptop computer waiting out the "Tornado Warning" for Black Mountain. At first I didn't take any of it seriously until the online weather site said a tornado had been spotted in Swanannoa, which is not too far from here! My dog wouldn't go down the steps to the basement and the cat kept trying to come back up into the house as I was attempting to drag the dog down.......so I went out in the storm, around the house and thru the garage. I grabbed the old mattress that Carson and the neighbor boys use as their bicycle crash landing pad, propped it up and settled on a sleeping bag next to the concrete wall. I read and talked to my friend who was in her crawl space under her house with her 2 dogs! Needless to say, she called me later cussing after she thru her back out while crawling out! No damage in Black Mountain that I know of yet. The kids were at school and my friend who works there called to say she had been with Carly, my daughter the whole time (about 1 1/2 hours of tornado sheltering) and that she was fine...hot-but fine! And then she had checked on Carson, who is in Kindergarten. He said he had cried but was alright and could she open his fruit chews! It is so nice living in a small town and how people are looking out for people! I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment